Monday, March 22, 2010

How must it feel to be watched all the time?

I always wondered how much of a personal life celebrities give up. They have nothing to themselves anymore, everything is out in the public. Pretty much any fact I ever want to know about someone wether it's their birthday, relationship status, hometown, I can look up. There lives are posted on the internet for the world to see.

Doesn't everyone crave their personal space? There are somethings we hoped for no one to know and sometimes we don't even like to admit it to ourselves. Don't they feel that pressure always? The feeling that every step they take is being watched, every tattoo they get is up on google & every relationship they get into is gossiped about.

I always think about how much of them is exposed and I always wonder why people care about their lives. Why do so many people worry who Kevin Jonas is married to when they can worry about their relationship status'? This concept doesn't make any sense to me. I,personally, don't stalk the lives of celebrites, nor do I worry what they are doing with their lives. I allow them to watch over themselves and I would do the same for myself.

I also can't grasp the amount a person sacrifices while becoming a celebrity. I wonder if it is worth it. Is the money worth it to not be able to have a personal gathering with some friends? To be sleeping in a Hotel for a few days and all your fans go to the Hotel to get some pictures. Isn't there a breaking point in which they want to be alone and get away from all these creeps? I know i wouldn't be able to handle having my whole life in the paper, video taped, and constantly being photographed.

I believe in allowing celebrities to live how they want. The way they act is already enough entertainment for our minds. That is what they are paid for. Why must we also be entertained by the lives they live outside of the tv world?

No comments:

Post a Comment