Sunday, April 11, 2010

Love is blind

Watching Boys Dont Cry made me realize that love really is blind. When I meet new people, it doesn't take to effect on me what color, nationality or religion they are. I feel if i do judge them on that not only does it make me look superficial but it's like not giving someone a fair shot.

Brandon Teena fell in love with Lana not because of how she looked but what he say in her. He knew what she was and how beautiful she was inside and out. That is the person he fell in love with. On the other hand love is blind also referred to Lana. Lana loved Brandon even after being betrayed with his gender. She loved him for who he was not what he had or didn't have. She loved everything about him, his style, his love, his affection and that's the person she fell in love with.

At that time, it was rare to love someone that was transgendered. You could notice just by the way they treated Brandon once they found out. They treated him like he was worthless, as if his personality changed or something. He was the same person, the same person that Lana fell in love with.

I realized this because I feel as though everyone is colorless. We have no color and that allows me to touch to someone's heart and not be stopped by their appearence. To me, it doesn't matter and I will never be racist in my life. I just hate how people look down on couples that do not have the same skin tone. It bothers me so much.

If someone is in love, they fell in love with them for who they were. Love is love and the feelings someone brings to you is important. The skin color on their bodies, isn't.

2 comments:

  1. I agree and I think even if people are against the transgendered, gays, lesbians, or different races it should never get to a criminal point. As you described in class, Brandon was beat and I believe killed for this, people can have their differences but to kill for something so personal and natural I can't fathom. For AP I've watched some movies about racism and I'm amazed at how people could just go about killing others without a single hint of guilt. Once I watched a movie about assassins, one of them accidentally killed a child and couldn't bear the guilt so they killed themselves also. That made me lose faith in humanity because everyday people like you and me would kill children daily for racism or other prejudice, while even assassins who did this for a living couldn't live with themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true, as much as we do not want to believe that racisim and hatred towards gay, lesbians and transgenders does not happen, it really does. It is unfortunate that we cannot be the person we want to be with everyone in society, we fear of being judged by others. I feel that we need to see people for who they really are not by the color of their skin or nationality. Our society needs a reality check because we do things that hurt others and we do not even realize it.

    ReplyDelete