Monday, April 19, 2010

Even if I'm alone, I am stronger than a male.

We have been discussing the differences between women and men. This only made me realize how seperate society makes us, as if women are so much lower than men. In a way, I know many women that would allow a man to control her life and teach her how to live.

I'm not sure if it's only the way I grew up but my mother has taught me what it truly means to be independent. She has taught me that if I couldn't stand on my own two feet, someone else would have to control my life. I always knew that I had to be in control of my own life and this is how I realized there will never be a man that controls me. I refuse to ever believe a man is stronger than me, personally. I can't say the same for every woman because there are many women that do believe that they should be witty and weaker.

I don't find that attractive in a womans personality. When I think of a beautiful woman i think she would be strong, independent and self suffiecent. It never pleased me when women relied on their husbands financially. I feel as though women allow this stereotype to come around and they will do nothing about it except help prove it right. There is what bothers me, I refuse to ever let something like this get through to me. I spend a lot of my life proving to everyone that I am stronger than many males that I know.

It annoys me beyond belief how society makes women appear as the cooks, cleaners, and pleasureres. I plan on living a successful life in which I am the boss and I refuse to let any get in the way of my success and my road path. With or without a man I believe a woman should have stability. This stereotype is just a stereotype and I refuse to believe anyone is stronger than me because they are of a different gender.

2 comments:

  1. First off, I would liek to say you mother is a very good mother for teaching you to be independent. I also know a lot people who depend on other people to support them. I do not agree at all with societies outlook on women. Times have changed, and so have women. We can do anything men can do, and vise versa. I believe that if a women can fight in the army and defend her country, and a man can successfully be a single parent, then they are equal. I also agree wot your life style. It is one I am also going to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that women are just as strong and independent as men are but we allow society to control us. Women have been fighting for equal rights for many years and now in days we have ''equal rights'', but I still question that, because I still believe that women do not have full equal rights as men. Women can't work in certain jobs and can't do certain things that men can, but I still feel that women should be independent. As you said if you do not control your own life someone else will. Some women feel as if they need a man to complete them which I l that women saying that they need a man to complete them just makes it harder for other people in society to see us as more independent.

    ReplyDelete